Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

March 22, 2005

Apparently I am a Lepar

Some people don’t understand it; others envy it, and some just scoff and think I am foolish. So be it – the world will continue to revolve and stay balanced on its axis.

My office mates have gone out to lunch with out me a few times. Granted the days they have done this I have been running around the office on the phone, sending emails, blogging, etc. giving them that look like I am in the tryouts for the office Olympics award of the year. Upon their return, I have to give them a hard time and pretend I am hurt for mere amusement. We volley back and forth with sarcastic remarks but the conversation always ends in, “You’re a Vegetarian.”

I am different – I don’t have a disease. I haven’t ate meat since I was 6 years old. I am not a member of PETA and could care less if the guy I am with wants to have a steak for dinner. I’ll slice the steak and pick out the one with the best marbling. When people find out I am a vegetarian they gasp like I have just told them I cleaned out my closet and found Bin Laden. What is this world coming to – a vegetarian in Texas?

Do Indians say Holy Cow as an expression?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some people don't know how to be open-minded. Simple as that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home