Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

March 09, 2005

Apple doesn't fall far

Bean is right, my blog is a lot more interesting when there is a man in my life. I am on a dating hiatus right now and am enjoying not being my obsessive self. When is he going to call? I want to get to know him better. I think we would make a good match. We seem to have plenty of things in common - 10 fingers and 10 toes (see I can count). It's like an extended recess where all you do is play solitaire.

So for now, I'll stick to talking about POPS

I have made a solemn vow to never talk about work in this blog as I truly do love my job - it's absolutely pathetic how much I love my job, however it seems my office mate is upset about the fact that my boss,DQ, calls me Grasshopper.

Wed: afternoon email banter with PopS

Me: "Dad, is it bad that my boss calls me Grasshopper?"
Dad: "
Tell him Kung Fu! That was a TV show in the 70’s with David Carradine. There were flashbacks to his youth where the zen master called him Grasshopper."
Me: "Man, your old"
Dad: "
That was the improper use of the word your. Shoulda bin you’r. “Your” denotes ownership….ergo the sentence should have continued, stating what of mine is old!!"
Me : "
Shoulda? I do believe you mean should have – as in, should have been what of you’rs is old"

Still feeling like I am being hit with a wet noodle on the eyeball at work - DQ is drivin the slave chain -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home