Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

March 15, 2005

I don't want to be a Drama Mamma

He called I was on a sugar high and answered the phone . OUCH - this hurts I can't breathe, I can't even speak I feel like I stubbed my toe. Make that all of my toes. The air has left my lungs and my stomach feels like I have reached the bottom of a volcano not knowing how to escape. I'm stuck, it's cold and I can't move or talk.

He said: "Hello - can you here me? What if I stay?"
Me: "Um," slowly the words crawl out of my mouth like a worm trying to work it's way up from the dirt - either way - it's still a worm with dirt on it. (eeeewww) "That's nice, I am glad you have made a positive decision and can move forward. Houston is a great city.
Him: "Would you like to have coffee sometime?"
Me: "You don't drink coffee and I gave it up for Lent, perhaps in a few weeks." By this time I just want to get off the phone and finish by saying, "Work is crazy right now, my boss has me working harder than an ugly stripper. Can I give you a call after things settle down?"
Him: There's a pause, he knows I won't call him, "Okay, and it's good to hear from you"
Me: "You too, take care."

After I hang up the phone, I am okay. I breathe a sigh of relief then laugh at what a complete dork I am. An UGLY STRIPPER - From now on no mixing cabbage patch kids with good and plenty's. That snack sounds like something Michael Jackson would have at Never Never Land -now I've done it

Do you remember when you were a kid and did something bad? Like talk during class? The teacher would make you write 500x "I will not talk in class"? I still talk in class and crack jokes to those sitting next to me in meetings, but I feel as though I should write 500x I will not talk about "him" anymore. It's done - but strangely it still amuses me. This is when I suddenly realize that I have moved on. Can you see the sky opening up and hear the cheesy symphony music is playing in the background?