Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

February 23, 2005

Steady pace

All I can do today is laugh at the world.

The New York Jerk called last night to let me know he was coming in town this weekend. I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, he called at 12:38 a.m., 1:23 a.m., and 1:39 a.m. He left 2 messages and was fairly coherent. Somedays I wish I was a push over or a sappy girl who gushed over the fact that, "HE CALLED!". But, lets be real. He was drunk at a bar on a Tuesday. Yes once again, a boy was just being a boy. That door's locked tight with a dead bolt.

The terms on which I will spend time with someone have changed, but my attitude has not. The terms are never completely acceptable and change with time. Respect has always been a huge item, as it should be. We all drunk dial our friends and laugh at them later. We pass the phone around to others and have them listen to the funny message that was left at 4 in the morning by so and so. That's funny. In relationships, it's not. Especially when you have not spoken in 3 weeks.

I've spent much of my life trying to figure out what was wrong with the fantasy, what's wrong with the boy, or what's wrong with me? It's a practical way of thinking through each situation, extracting the good, accepting the bad, and learning from the experience. It's really quite shallow, as it's my view on the terms that I have chosen to accept at the time. Right or wrong, which I know I can be, and dare I sound cliche, but timing truely is everything in love and orgasms.

The Rockets attempted their 9th win in a row last night against Seattle. They had several days off between game 8 and 9 due to the All Star Game. They were ahead the first half and took several chances. Unfortunately, they lost in the last few seconds by 2 points.
My buddy didn't play ...seems someone had to much fun in Vegas with the boys over the break.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM , Blogger Bryan Peters said...

    I was at the game last night. The last 60 seconds were miserable. I think I jinxed them. It seems like every time I see the rockets play they lose, and I haven't watched them the last 8 games. It's all my fault...

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Sass said...

    I won't blame it on you, however you will be responsible for buying the whole stadium a round next game.

    At the start of the season, the guys were acting like awkard school kids on the first day at recess. In the last three months they have really pulled together and began playing like a team. The break broke their mojo.
    Just got my tickets for the Heat game (woohoo!)

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger the duck said...

    Is it wrong that your posting made me feel better? That is to say, I'm glad that I'm not the only single-city-girl totally baffled at what the fates throw in my direction. Keep on fighting the good fight, girlfriend.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home