Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

March 25, 2005

On my way home yesterday a homeless man was holding a sign that said, "Homeless Republican” I laughed. The base of the Republican Party is personal accountability and govt. hands off. The Republican Party platform would leave me to believe, if one is homeless they should try- try - and try again to get a job and not beg for money. A true Right Winged Conservative would never give the "Homeless Republican" hand outs. However, a wave of change has washed over the Republican Party as "compassionate conservatives" emerge. President Bush defines this term as, “It is compassionate to actively help our fellow citizens in need. It is conservative to insist on responsibility and results."

I am registered as an Independent but lean Republican. I gave the guy two bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home