Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

February 15, 2005

Earthquake

I'm a big softie.

Several years ago I had friends who worked at Enron. They had a great circle of coworkers they depended on. On the 15th and 30th of the month they were paid. They counted on the money and stability of the job to create the life they were meant to live. Suddenly, a corporate scandal makes headlines and they lose the job. They lose everything that was familiar to them and had been for years. Their foundations were shook and ripped out from under them. Years later they were able to rebuild and put the pieces of their lives back together.

Yesterday was Valentines Day.I am a sucker for love and friendship.

About a month ago my foundation was shook. I felt like an exworker at Enron. My routine changed. A terrible incident happened between a good friend and I. We have known each other for several years and have shared every detail about our lives. She's the type of friend you could call at 4:00 am due to an emergency or because you just got home and needed to chat about the amazing "Mr. Good for Me" man. With out a doubt, the phone would be answered. Sadly enough, I had not spoken to her in a month.

After a long day at the office,training our newest employee, and running across town to several meetings. I went to an art opening for Rea. I must admit, the majority of the pieces were from the "I don't get it exhibit" but the gallery is beautiful. I proceeded to drink several glasses of champagne and was feeling rather tipsy. Maybe it was the champagne, maybe it was the shots with the new employee (DQ if your reading this I am kidding), or maybe it was the fact that it was Valentines Day. The recipe of a holiday based around love and compassion fused with to much alcohol can be deadly ... or it will help you do what you need to do.

I composed myself and went right over to Tessa's. I did not even knock on the door. I knew she was there with another buddy of ours. We took one look at each other and married the friendship once again with a big hug.

Happy day after Valentines Day.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:39 AM , Blogger lfc said...

    good for you for taking the first step. hopefully you guys can work out your issues. good luck.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home