Sassy Suspect

The misadventures of a single gal trying to find the balance and humor in every day life.

May 13, 2005

Dahhhhling /BS

Maybe it’s just me, but the place exploded like an atom sending dust particles of hem and haw. Drinks were poured and sloshed toasting. Like it was a fad going out of style, emphasis on the Daaaahhhhling. Glasses were broken as the free vodka ran out. A virus of knock off Louis Vitton and cheap Prada were the rage. Like I said, maybe it’s just me, but I prefer my sandals and flip flops to Gucci, Prada, or Louis Vitton it’s all so passé and easy. Like Tiffany jewelry. It’s a safe bet when all the chips are down place your money on the highest ranked. Over priced and unimaginative, but safe. The safety school of style – stick with the basics, even if it’s fake. And smile as the girl who’s dating your ex glares at you from across the bar.
I lied – which I rarely do.

“BABY – so good to see you! I saw your name on the evite. Did you see mine and know I was going to be here?”

Tapping my foot and feeling the breeze across my sandals, “Yes, baby I did.”

I lied

I wonder if I am one of those, which I know I am. We all are. Standing there with our oh so pretty friends, oh him, yeah I know him do you? It’s her clothing line, she owns the store down the street. I am friends with the bar owner. I know the rockets players, yeah him, we used to date. Oh yeah – well….

I wonder if we are ever really happy or if we look for the safety school. Sticking with the basics. I don’t like the basics, they are over priced and lack substance. Mom says, “basic is black and boring – anyone can wear black, it takes style to wear color.”
The routine of life as we strap ourselves in with a harness not taking the chance and betting on the lesser known. He may break my heart and I may not get into grad school but it won’t be imitation or lies. It will be all new full of color and tears, free falling baby – that’s what it’s about.

Don't call me Dahhling

4 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM , Anonymous ghost said...

    let those colors run, sass.

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Irfan said...

    time to mow the grass and plan new trees. there is always another season.

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger jopada said...

    Hello!

    Thought you'd like to try this out.

    I came across this great page which predicts your future Love life with the help of a set of advanced mathematical calculations based on the concept of human psychology. It is extremely accurate as long as you have answered the set of 15 questions honestly and seriously. This award winning website was developed by a group of renowned psychologists. Even if you're still skeptical, just go ahead and try it for yourself, after all, you have nothing to lose!

    Hint: You won't regret this!

    Click on the link below, and remember, be honest!
    http://www.crush007.com/love.cgi?id=1116018800epn

    Enjoy,
    jonny

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger jopada said...

    please ignore the last post. do not go to the link. it's a fake that sends what ever you answer to the person that sent it to me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home